Skip to main content
Back to Top
Office of Career Management
Undergraduate New Brunswick Program
OCM Operating message to students
We hope you and your families are safe during these times and that you’ve been able to enjoy yourselves responsibly this summer despite the societal restrictions. To anyone affected by the pandemic, please know that our sympathies are with you. For further resources, please visit coronavirus.rutgers.edu, or if you need to speak to someone, Rutgers offers a range of counseling services.
The RBS Office of Career Management and the rest of Rutgers Business School are here to assist you in your educational journey. This academic year will be different from any other as you are navigating your college journey virtually. You will have to develop methodologies to learn, work and network in a new virtual environment. The staff of the Office of Career Management have worked all summer to ensure you have the resources you need to be successful in your internship and employment search. We have online tools to help you prepare for your internship and job prospects such as the VMock resume development program and virtual interviewing practice in BusinessKnight. In addition, all career counselors are available for remote counseling sessions so reach out directly to your program’s career counselor. More information is available online at MyRBS OCM for each RBS program. In the meantime, I encourage you all to check in to Business Knight regularly and familiarize yourself with the various OCM resources.
The entire RBS Office of Career Management welcomes you to the 2021 academic year and wish you much success the semester.
RBS Office of Career Management
Our mission is to promote RBS Undergraduate New Brunswick as a source for top talent, by preparing our students to find internships, Co-Ops and full-time employment. We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing employers concentrated, targeted and focused access to business students.
- Preparing our students to effectively market their value to a prospective employer.
- Partnering with Career Services, alumni and faculty to augment existing resources.
- Career advising walk-in hours and appointments
- Resume Critiques
- Mock Interviews
- LinkedIn Profile Review
- Networking Opportunities
Although the university is transitioning into online for the remainder of the semester, the Office of Career Management is still here to help you achieve your professional goals. We have been working to provide you virtual options to further your career development, such as professional success webinars, online networking opportunities, and virtual advising. Be sure to constantly check our Upcoming Events, social media, and BusinessKnight for all of the virtual options available to you.
Need an Appointment?
Our Career Management Specialists host Virtual Drop-In Advising hours every week to provide you with any professional development assistance you may need.
Learn more about joining a VirtuTalk-In
Please check your emails weekly for your career advisor's Virtual Drop-In Advising hours.
If you would like to schedule an appointment outside of advising hours, email OCM.
Share Your Next Steps
Complete the career survey about your post-graduation plans for your chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card!
The Office of Career Management offers a wide range of networking and recruitment opportunities for our employer partners and students, as well as programming to improve our students’ professional skillsets. Our diverse programming addresses the professional needs of students through day-to-day advising, exclusive RBS events and supportive initiatives such as RU Suited. Learn more about our upcoming events.
As a Rutgers Business School student, searching for employment opportunities is essential- and now you have access to TWO career platforms: RBS BusinessKnight and Rutgers Handshake.
Your premier career management tool is BusinessKnight, powered by Simplicity. This career portal is exclusive to only Rutgers business students. Why should you use it?
- Exclusive registration for Rutgers Business School-related events, such as the RBS Career Fair.
- Job postings are tailored for RBS students and RBS-specific majors.
- This platform hosts a smaller pool of students, which means a smaller pool of candidates applying for positions you are interested in.
- Business Forum, a required business school core course, will be using this platform for class activities and assignments.
- Click the button below.
- Enter your Rutgers email, which will then prompt you to set your password.
- Update your profile on the left-hand menu with your resume, education, experience, projects, and skills.
- Explore events, workshops, and job postings
- If you have any issues, contact: RBScareers@business.rutgers.edu
This new career management platform offered to all Rutgers students provides:
- Machine learning to highlight relevant resources tailored to each user
- A mobile app that allows students to access platform features on the go
- Ability to follow employers of interest and receive alerts when opportunities are posted
Visit bitly.com/ruhandshake to set up your account.
Office of Career Management Staff
Career Management Specialist
Career Management Specialist
Leigh-Anne M. Cobb
Senior Program Coordinator
We Have Moved! - We can now be visited on the 5th floor of 100 Rock. Suite 5005E.
Rutgers Business School
100 Rockafeller Road
Suite 5005E (Fifth Floor)
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8054