Skip to main content
Back to Top
Office of Career Management
Undergraduate Newark Program
OCM message to our Rutgers Business School Students
June 18, 2020
Dear Rutgers Business School Students
During the summer the RBS Office of Career Management continues to be available to assist you in preparing for your career opportunities. Though the economic impact of the COVID-19 shutdown is being felt in many areas there are still employment opportunities available. The OCM team continues to work with employers and others to identify these job and internship opportunities and post them on BusinessKnight and/or Handshake.
We will continue to develop, record and deliver career focused webinars. These and many other career preparation resources are already available on BusinessKnight.View your Student Homepage on BusinessKnight to view our many online resources.
Our counselors are available to meet with you virtually using Webex or a phone call. Contact your career adviser for career service support such as Job search strategy, resume review & interview preparation.
- Scheduling Appointments: Contact your Program’s career advisor with your availability:
Please continue to read announcements from Rutgers University and Rutgers Business School, and visit https://coronavirus.rutgers.edu/ for further University-wide updates.
Rutgers Business School - Office of Career Management
Our mission is to promote RBS Undergraduate Newark as a source for top talent, by preparing our students to find internships, Co-Ops and full-time employment. We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing employers concentrated, targeted and focused access to business students.
- Preparing our students to effectively market their value to a prospective employer.
- Partnering with Career Services, alumni and faculty to augment existing resources.
OCM Services Include
- Individual 1-on-1 Career Coaching Appointments (All career coaching appointments are held on-site at 1 Washington Park)
- Internship and Co-op Advice
- Resume and Cover Letter Critiques
- Video Interview Rooms
- Mock Interview Practice
- Access to BusinessKnight, Rutgers Newark Handshake, and Rutgers New Brunswick Handshake (includes job postings, resources, campus recruiting for the Newark and New Brunswick Campuses)
- Targeted Professional Development Workshops
- Annual RBS Fall and Spring Career Fairs
- Industry Panels (Accounting, Finance, Marketing, MIS, Supply Chain)
As a Rutgers Business School student, searching for employment opportunities is essential- and now you have access to TWO career platforms: RBS BusinessKnight and Rutgers Handshake.
Your premier career management tool is BusinessKnight, powered by Simplicity. This career portal is exclusive to only Rutgers business students. Why should you use it?
- Exclusive registration for Rutgers Business School-related events, such as the RBS Career Fair.
- Job postings are tailored for RBS students and RBS-specific majors.
- This platform hosts a smaller pool of students, which means a smaller pool of candidates applying for positions you are interested in.
- Business Forum, a required business school core course, will be using this platform for class activities and assignments.
- Click the button below.
- Enter your Rutgers email, which will then prompt you to set your password.
- Update your profile on the left-hand menu with your resume, education, experience, projects, and skills.
- Explore events, workshops, and job postings
- If you have any issues, contact: RBScareers@business.rutgers.edu
This new career management platform offered to all Rutgers students provides:
- Machine learning to highlight relevant resources tailored to each user
- A mobile app that allows students to access platform features on the go
- Ability to follow employers of interest and receive alerts when opportunities are posted
Visit bitly.com/ruhandshake to set up your account.
The Office of Career Management offers a wide range of networking and recruitment opportunities for our employer partners and students, as well as programming to improve our students’ professional skillsets. Our diverse programming addresses the professional needs of students through day-to-day advising, exclusive RBS events and supportive initiatives such as RU Suited. Learn more about our upcoming events.
Despite our unforeseeable circumstances, the Office of Career Management is still finding new ways to help students meet their professional goals. Be sure to constantly check our calendar of events, social media, and BusinessKnight for weekly webinars, virtual networking opportunities, and resources available for students.
Report Your Offer
Received an offer for a full-time, co-op, or internship position?
Report your full-time or internship offer to firstname.lastname@example.org, or for more information please refer to Rutgers University-Newark Offer Acceptance Policy.
Why should I report my offer and how is my information used?
As a member of the RBS-Newark family we want to hear your story! We take great pride in your accomplishments and we need your help to continue to promote your achievements! Your response also allows us to compete in the rankings which helps increase the value of your degree, and attracts recruiters looking for top talent. It is a way to showcase the success of the RBS-Newark students and strengthens the identity of our brand.
All individual identifying information is kept completely confidential and the data is reported in aggregate form. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Office of Career Management Staff
Career Management Specialist
Career Management Specialist
Need an Appointment?
Schedule an appointment with OCM through email.
Provide 3 dates and times that work with your schedule and we will accommodate you.
Monday & Wednesday: 8:30am-6:00pm
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm