OCM Operating Message to Students
We hope you and your families are safe during these times. To anyone affected by the pandemic, please know that our sympathies are with you. For further resources, please visit coronavirus.rutgers.edu, or if you need to speak to someone, Rutgers offers a range of counseling services.
The RBS Office of Career Management and Rutgers Business School are here to assist you in your educational journey. This academic year will be different from any other as you are navigating your college journey virtually. You will have to develop methodologies to learn, work and network in a new virtual environment. The staff of the Office of Career Management have worked all summer to ensure you have the resources you need to be successful in your internship and employment search. We have online tools to help you prepare for your internship and job prospects such as the VMock resume development program and virtual interviewing practice in BusinessKnight. In addition, all career counselors are available for remote counseling sessions so reach out directly to your program’s career counselor. More information is available online at MyRBS OCM for each RBS program. In the meantime, I encourage you all to check in to Business Knight regularly and familiarize yourself with the various OCM resources.
The entire RBS Office of Career Management welcomes you to the 2021 academic year and wish you much success the semester.
Our mission is to promote RBS Undergraduate Newark and New Brunswick as a source for top talent, by preparing our students to find internships, co-ops, and full-time employment. We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing employers concentrated, targeted, and focused access to business students.
- Preparing our students to effectively market their value to a prospective employer.
- Partnering with Career Services, alumni, and faculty to augment existing resources.
- Individual 1-on-1 Career Coaching Appointments
- Internship and Co-op Advice
- Resume and Cover Letter Critiques
- Video Interview Rooms
- Mock Interview Practice
- LinkedIn Profile Review
- Access to job postings, resources, and campus recruiting for the Newark and New Brunswick Campuses through
- Rutgers Newark Handshake
- Rutgers New Brunswick Handshake
- Targeted Professional Development Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
- Annual RBS Fall and Spring Career Fairs
- Industry Panels (Accounting, Finance, Marketing, MIS, Supply Chain)
Despite our unforeseeable circumstances, the Office of Career Management is still here to help you achieve your professional goals. We have been working to provide you virtual options to further your career development, such as professional success webinars, online networking opportunities, and virtual advising. Be sure to constantly check our upcoming events, social media, and BusinessKnight for all of the virtual options available to you.
As a Rutgers Business School student, searching for employment opportunities is essential- and now you have access to TWO career platforms: RBS BusinessKnight and Rutgers Handshake.
Your premier career management tool is BusinessKnight, powered by Simplicity. This career portal is exclusive to only Rutgers Business School students.
Why should you use it?
- Exclusive registration for Rutgers Business School-related events, such as the RBS Career Fair.
- Job postings are tailored for RBS students and RBS-specific majors.
- This platform hosts a smaller pool of students, which means a smaller pool of candidates applying for positions you are interested in.
- Business Forum, a required business school core course, will be using this platform for class activities and assignments.
- Click the button below.
- Enter your Rutgers email, which will then prompt you to set your password.
- Update your profile on the left-hand menu with your resume, education, experience, projects, and skills.
- Explore events, workshops, and job postings
This career management platform offered to all Rutgers students provides:
- Machine learning to highlight relevant resources tailored to each user
- A mobile app that allows students to access platform features on the go
- Ability to follow employers of interest and receive alerts when opportunities are posted