Some undergraduate students enrolled in certain Marketing and Management courses will be asked to participate in Rutgers Behavioral Lab as part of their classroom requirements. Students should consult their course syllabus to understand how many hours they are required to participate. All research will take place in the Behavioral Lab located on the 5th floor (Rm. 531) in Rutgers Business School - Newark. For more information about the lab please contact us.
Requirements and Sona
- To fulfill your course requirements, students should first sign up for a Sona account. Students can learn about research opportunities through our Sona Webpage. Students must sign up for enough research hours to fulfill their course work requirements (please refer to your course syllabus for more information). Warning: time slots are on a first come, first serve basis. Please sign up for studies as soon as time permits.
- Students who do not fulfill their lab hours for a given semester prior to the deadline (see syllabus) will receive a zero for this portion of their course grade.
- Please be sure to arrive 10 minutes early at the appointed time and place. All studies will take place in the RBS Behavioral Lab on the 5th floor of 1 Washington Park (Rm. 531).
- Upon arrival, plan to be in the lab for one full hour. Credit will be granted to your Sona account upon study completion (please allow up to one week for Sona to be updated after participation).
Note: **Newark students, for credit, please sign up for studies listed under the RBS Behavioral Lab ONLY. All of these studies will take place in the behavioral lab on the Newark Campus.
Policies and Procedures
- If you cannot make an appointment, please cancel on Sona at least 24 hours prior to the start of the study. Studies will start on time. Research assistants have the right to turn you away from participating if you are late to your assigned lab time.
- If you are unable to show up for a study you signed up for, you may cancel 24 hours in advance online, and will not be penalized. First time offenders will be given a warning. If you do not cancel in advance a second time (via the online system), you will be blocked from participating in the RBS Behavioral Lab. Students blocked from the lab must complete the alternative assignment to fulfill their course requirements.
- Study Standby. If you would like to participate in a study, but the Sona system shows no availability, you can show up and try to get in on “stand-by.” In other words, if someone does not show up and we have extra room, then we will take students on stand-by. This will occur on a first come, first serve basis.
- Upon arriving to the lab, please wait in the behavioral lab waiting area. A lab assistant will be with you when the lab is ready.
- No talking, texting, surfing the web, eating, or drinking in the lab. Please be prepared to dedicate one hour to the lab free of disturbances.
- For more on lab rules, please click here.
- If you are a student and are under the age of 18, you may NOT participate in behavioral research. Please visit the alternative assignment page to find out how to fulfill your course requirements.