Rutgers University undergraduates benefit enormously from the school’s proximity and ties to Wall Street whether it be via internships, networking opportunities, or frequent on-campus alumni presentations. Landing a job on the Street, however, requires intense focus from the early days of undergraduate life, as recruiting for most of the highly coveted summer internships begins in the winter of sophomore year and ends in the summer before junior year.
The Rutgers Road to Wall Street Program is designed to boost the industry knowledge and interview skills of a select group of approximately 55 sophomores who demonstrate a strong interest in and knowledge of the financial markets. Following the establishment of the program in 2012, there has been substantial growth in the number of junior internship placements for Rutgers undergraduates. Rutgers New Brunswick and Newark undergraduate students with an interest in the financial markets and Wall Street careers are encouraged to apply for this outstanding program. Application details and program requirements are below.
Contact Program Coordinator, Amy LaCorte with any questions or concerns.
Inside Look At the Road To Wall Street
- One-on-One Counseling: Access to counseling with the Director of the Road Wall Street program provides individual support for job selection, networking, and general interview preparation.
- Summer Training and Preparation: Mandatory summer readings on attitude, mindset, and leadership, and online Excel preparatory course.
- Fall Financial Modeling & Valuation Course: Cohort members will complete a mandatory three-credit Fall course designed to provide the technical and market knowledge required for various roles on Wall Street. Topics for the course include financial statement analysis, equity research analysis, discounted cash flow analysis, and Excel shortcuts for financial modeling. The course also requires completion of a comprehensive equity research report that is presented to the class at the end of the term.
- Peer & Alumni Mentor Match: Alumni mentors provide instruction and contacts necessary to help students maximize their job search efforts. Mentors range from Associates to Managing Directors. Rutgers alumni provide a critical resource for Road to Wall Street participants and are often involved with the candidate selection process at RU for their respective firms. Peer mentors will be provided in the fall semester for introductory training and preparation for the alumni mentorship.
The Power of Rutgers' Road to Wall Street Program
Rutgers Business School student's road to Wall Street
2022 Road to Wall Street Program Overview
Interested in the program?
Join our mailing list to stay in the loop on all RTWS information for the 2022 - 2023 school year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I still apply if I am not a freshman?
No, because the program is structured for sophomores to match the recruiting timeline of Wall Street firms.
Do I need a resume to apply?
Yes. We require your resume as part of your application to gain a better understanding of your background and experiences
What are we looking for in a candidate?
A student who is hardworking, gritty and has a genuine interest in finance and Wall Street.
What are some things I should be doing now?
Networking with upperclassmen to learn more about their experiences and different finance roles, getting immersed into daily business news, working on your resume, and attending the RTWS information series sessions.
Application Details - Rising Sophomores Only
Application Dates for Spring 2023
- Friday, March 24th: Application Opens
- Friday, April 7th: Application Closes, 11:59 PM
- Wednesday, April 12th: Notification for First Round Interview
- Saturday, April 15th: First Round Interviews with Seniors (At RBS NB - 100RR)
- Wednesday, April 19th: Notification for Second Round Interview
- Saturday, April 22rd: Final Round Interviews with Alumni (Virtual)
- Friday, February 24th 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- RBS NB 100RR Room 1144: Wall Street Careers
- Friday, March 3rd 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- RBS NB 100RR Room 1144: Sell Side Roles
- Thursday, March 9th 8:00pm – 9:00pm
- RBS NB 100RR Room 2071: Buy Side Roles
- Friday, March 24th 1:00 – 2:00pm
- RBS NB 100RR Room 1144: Technical Workshop
- Tuesday, March 28th 8:00pm – 9:00pm
- RBS NB 100RR Room 2071: Pre-Interview Workshop
- Thursday, April 6th 8:00pm – 9:00pm
- RBS NB 100RR Room 2071: Pre-Interview Workshop 2