What is Kaltura? - Video creation, management, and streaming
Kaltura Capture provides you with an easy to use tool to create video content, whether you are narrating a PowerPoint presentation, using screen capture technology or simply communicating via a webcam. Basic editing is available as well to facilitate creating flipped content, presenting demonstrations, and providing feedback.
The Blackboard integration makes it easy to incorporate your video, audio, and image content throughout your course and since Kaltura “My Media” is also available to students, it's a great option for video assignments and individual or group presentations. Quizzing features and analytics further support the use of video in your courses. Automated captions, powered by Cielo24, are enabled in Rutgers MediaSpace, powered by Kaltura.
When should I use Kaltura Capture?
We recommended using Kaltura for Asynchronous lecture capture. Kaltura Personal Capture offers users the ability to capture both screen and camera in just one click.
RBS Support provided by OTIS Help desk:
- Newark: (973) 353-5495
- Piscataway: (848) 445-3147
- Download Kaltura Capture
- What is Kaltura Capture?
- How to Record with Kaltura Capture
- Set your Video and Audio settings in Kaltura Capture
- Upload Media to Kaltura via Blackboard
- Editing Captions
- Add Kaltura Media to Blackboard discussion board
- Add Kaltura media using Blackboard's Tool option
- Use Blackboard's Mashups Tool to link to Kaltura Media
- Create a quiz
- Request Captioning
- Use Kaltura Analytics to view media statistics
- Convert a PowerPoint presentation to an MP4