Dear RBS Family,
I am pleased to share with you that RBS will offer a combination of face-to-face (F2F), hybrid, and remote classes this Fall to enhance the learning experience of our students during this COVID-19 pandemic. Our Fall 2020 Plan has been developed and is still in the process of being finalized. We have thoroughly considered and balanced many factors, especially public health and the wellbeing of our community. Even though the majority of our classes will remain in the enhanced remote instruction mode, the following courses have been selected to offer primarily as F2F or F2F+Hybrid:
EMBA (RBS-Newark, using the facilities of 15 Washington and 1WP)
- Business Law for Managers (1st Year EMBA cohort)
- Aggregate Economic Analysis (1st Year EMBA cohort)
- Financial Statement Analysis (2nd Year EMBA cohort)
- International Business (2nd Year EMBA cohort)
- Business Strategy (2nd Year EMBA cohort)
- Marketing Management (2nd Year EMBA cohort)
First-Year Full-Time MBA program (RBS-Newark, 1WP)
- Accounting for Managers (1st Year FT MBA Cohort)
- Marketing Management (1st Year FT MBA Cohort)
- Operations Analysis (1st Year FT MBA Cohort)
Master of Financial Analysis (RBS-New Brunswick, 100 Rock)
- Aggregate Economic Analysis
- Investment Analysis & Management
- Research in Asset Management
During July and August, the RBS Fall 2020 Academic Plan will be continuously revised (based on new information), and additional F2F+Hybrid courses may be considered, while remaining in compliance with state and university safety guidelines. We have been working closely with the Chancellor’s Offices in Newark and New Brunswick to optimize this academic plan in order to meet the needs of our students.
We will develop a thorough plan for our staff to work under the new normal, bearing in mind that the health and safety of the RBS community is always our top priority. We are facing a high-level of uncertainty and still-evolving COVID-19 situation. We must protect the most vulnerable in the RBS community, especially those who will be teaching, working and learning on campus. Our safety plan includes the following provisions (and additional provisions may be added during the summer):
- Mandatory face masks for everyone who enters our buildings. The Dean’s Office has ordered reusable face masks which will be available for all faculty, staff and students who will be on campus this Fall.
- Use of protective plexiglass shields in classrooms for RBS F2F (we have placed an initial order of 250 units for 1WP and 200 units for 100Rock, for classrooms and academic affairs offices).
- Frequent cleaning of high traffic areas in the building, including classrooms, computer labs, and restrooms.
- Posting guidelines for the use of elevators and staircases in both 1WP and 100Rock.
- Directional and social distancing signage throughout building.
- Provision of hand sanitizer stations and distribution of individual hand sanitizers.
- Provision of disinfecting stations in selected locations throughout the building.
- Configuration of furniture to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Restricting access to certain classrooms and workplace areas.
- Restricting access of non-essential visitors to the building.
- Employee coaching and education on appropriate social distancing and safety guidelines.
Additional plans (as needed) to support RBS students facing financial and remote learning hardships will also be developed.
Please refer to the FAQ references for your campus:
RU - New Brunswick
And contact your RBS program administrator if you have further questions:
Undergraduate Students in Newark: https://myrbs.business.rutgers.edu/undergraduate-newark/meet-advisor
Undergraduate Students in New Brunswick: https://myrbs.business.rutgers.edu/undergraduate-new-brunswick/advisement
MBA PA: https://myrbs.business.rutgers.edu/mba-professional-accounting/contact-us
Specialty Masters: https://myrbs.business.rutgers.edu/masters
International Students: https://myrun.newark.rutgers.edu/office-international-students-scholar-services
We are indebted to the thoughtful and collegial efforts of our department chairs, program directors, and many dedicated staff members involved in the Fall 2020 academic planning. The pandemic only makes us stronger. Together, we begin our new journey in Fall 2020.
Dr. Lei Lei, Dean
Rutgers Business School
Newark and New Brunswick Campuses