Academic advisement is a collaborative educational process; students and their advisor are partners in meeting the essential learning goals that support student success. Academic advisement is not an event, but a process, with the student taking the lead and responsibility for their academic career; while the advisor provides the student with the tools, direction and appropriate referrals to assist students in meeting those goals.
Virtual Front Desk
General questions and concerns for the Rutgers Business School – Newark Undergraduate Office can be handled through our virtual front desk and do not require an appointment. The RBS-Newark virtual front desk is available Monday-Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
RBS-Newark Virtual Front Desk
All RBS-Newark Undergraduate students are assigned an RBS Academic Advisor. Students are expected to meet with their assigned advisor at least once per academic year to ensure that they are completing all academic requirements and making satisfactory progress towards completion of degree.
RBS students now have the ability to make and manage their academic advisement appointments with the Navigate App or through the Navigate Portal.
Students will be required to make an appointment with their assigned RBS Academic Advisor for:
- Semester and/or long-term planning
- Academic Probation
- Graduation pre-certification
- School-to-School transfer or New Brunswick transfer
- Any other situation/concern not appropriate for Academic Resource hours
Drop by our front office to do the following:
- Declaration/Change of Major
- Declaration of Concentration
- Declaration of Double Major
- Requesting forms
- Submitting documentation (official transcript, Independent Study Forms, Internship Forms, Scholastic Standing Appeals Forms, Appeal of Transfer Credit Form, etc.)
- Picking up documentation
- Referral to another academic department or administrative office