The Helpful Executives-In-Reach (HEIR) program at Rutgers Business School connects MBA students with senior executives within the professional field they are preparing for. HEIRs are subject matter experts in a particular area or specialization, who are appointed on a rotating basis to provide industry insights and professional advice to MBA students (Full or Part-Time) interested in gaining expertise in that same area.
The HEIR program features a guest lecture or panel discussion. Following this, MBA students will participate in group mentoring sessions led by HEIRs.
The HEIR program is a mentoring initiative. HEIRs should, therefore, be contacted for professional planning advice or industry insights only, and not contacted for internship or career placement opportunities.
Spring 2022 Series
During the Spring 2022 semester, the Office of Mentoring Programs partnered with MBA student organizations to present the HEIR series.
Supply Chain Student Initiative & Pharmaceutical Management Club
Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of J&J
Rutgers Women in Business & Black and Hispanic MBA Association
Head of Transition & Integration, Global Corporate Services, Newmark
Vice President, Global Planning & Customer Management, The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of J&J
Vice President, Human Resources, Fidelity investments
Fall 2021 Series
During the Fall 2021 semester, the Office of Mentoring Programs partnered with MBA student organizations to present the HEIR series.
Supply Chain Student Initiative
Vice President (Grocery/DSD/Specialty), Wakefern Food Corporation
Black and Hispanic MBA Association
Karmetria Dunham Burton
Senior Director - Global Supplier Diversity for McDonald’s Corporation
HEIR 2020-2021 Supply Chain Series
During the 2020-2021 Academic Year, the Office of Mentoring Programs collaborated with the Supply Chain Student Initiative to present Helpful Executives-In-Reach Supply Chain (HEIR-SC), which focused on supply chain topics and offered participants the opportunity to access experts, grow their network, and share their interests and experiences. The mission of the HEIR-SC program was to create a space to facilitate curiosity driven discussion around supply chain topics and grow relationships between current and future supply chain leaders. The program met once a month, alternating between panel discussions and mentoring circles.
Supply Chain Mentors
- Dan Biggs | Founder & CEO, Steamchain Corp.
- Michael Dunleavy | Vice President of Global Procurement, Honeywell International (Retired)
- Sheri Hinish | SupplyChainQueen ® | Sustainability and Supply Chain Executive | IBM Futurist | 2020 & 2019 “Pro to Know”
- Jack Kime | Vice President, Ground Services, CEVA Logistics
- Jill Lavitsky | Vice President, Global Planning and Customer Management, Janssen Supply Chain, Johnson & Johnson
- John O’Hara | Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, Janssen Supply Chain, Johnson & Johnson
- Lucy Bartnick | Supply/Demand Planning Manager, Ansell
- Scott Brown | COO, Steamchain Corp.
- Yuri Crusca | Senior Director
- Julie Mitchell | Senior Procurement Agent with The Boeing Company
- Jessica Thompson | Senior Analyst, Colgate-Palmolive Global Supply Chain