The Rutgers Business School Peer Mentoring Program connects incoming first-year and transfer students with current RBS students to bolster community, encourage resource sharing, and contribute to students’ academic and personal growth.
The yearlong, one-on-one mentoring relationship will focus on various topics including college immersion strategies, tips on navigating Rutgers and RBS, vision building, and network-development. The program builds community among RBS Students seeking to develop and integrate personal, academic, and career goals.
- One-on-one mentorship between a first-year/transfer RBS student and a returning RBS student
- Duration of Program: 1 year (September - May)
- Approximate Time Commitment: 5 hours total
- Program Requirements include:
- Attend a minimum of 2 individual mentoring meetings per semester
- Maintain regular contact with mentor/mentee throughout the year
- Complete the online program evaluation
- Applications open at the beginning of fall semester. Eligible students should apply via the website.
- Mentors must be returning RBS students with at least one year completed at RBS. We encourage all past mentees to apply for mentor roles.
- Mentees must be entering RBS for the first time as a first-year or transfer student.