Full-time students are expected to maintain continuous registration throughout their degree program. Students leaving campus at the end of a semester for non-Rutgers study abroad, for military services, or other reasons should notify the Rutgers Business School: Undergraduate New Brunswick (RBS-UNB) to submit a leave of absence or withdrawal form.
Leave of Absence
- Students in good academic standing who interrupt their registration and plan to return at a specific time may take a leave of absence.
- Students who have been academically dismissed may not take a leave of absence during their transition semester, or they will forfeit their transition semester.
- Students who leave campus before the end of the 12th week of the semester are eligible to return the following semester without submitting an application for reenrollment, providing they submit a formal withdrawal request to the RBS-UNB.
- Failure to attend class is not equivalent to a leave of absence, and students will not receive an adjustment of charges or grades (see studentabc.rutgers.edu/withdrawals) unless a formal leave of absence is filed with the Office of Undergraduate Programs and approved prior to the 12th week of the semester.
- Courses taken outside of Rutgers during a leave of absence are considered transfer courses, and students planning to take courses at another school must receive prior approval from RBS-UNB before taking courses elsewhere.
- Any RBS student wishing to take a leave of absence must submit their Leave of Absence form with the Office of Undergraduate Programs. If paperwork is filed with a different dean’s office within the university in error, the Business School will consider the student to be on unofficial and unauthorized leave, and it will be at the discretion of the Office of Undergraduate Programs as to whether or not the student will be permitted to re-enroll.
- Students cannot use WebReg to drop their last course or cancel their schedule. Student must submit a Leave of Absence form to cancel their registration and take a leave of absence from the Business School.
- Students may submit a Withdrawal form for a particular semester when a return date is not known or when there is not a plan to return to the Rutgers Business School: Undergraduate New Brunswick.
- Students who have been academically dismissed and withdraw during their transition semester will automatically forfeit their transition semester.
- Failure to attend class is not equivalent to a withdrawal, and students will not receive an adjustment of charges or grades (see studentabc.rutgers.edu/withdrawals) unless a formal withdrawal is filed with and approved prior to the 12th week of the semester.
- Students cannot use WebReg to drop their last course or cancel their schedule. Student must submit a Withdrawal form to cancel their registration and/or withdrawal completely from the Business School.
Tuition Refund Information
- Any applicable tuition refund will be determined by the date the students Leave of Absence/Withdrawal form is submitted.
- Please visit the Office of Student Accounting webpage for the fall and spring refund schedule and for questions regarding tuition refunds.
- In order to reinstate their enrollment, previous RBS-UNB students in good academic standing must apply to RBS-UNB for reenrollment through the Undergraduate Admissions Reenrollment application.
- Any conditions established at the time of leaving must be met before application for readmission is made.
- (Re)declaration of major and/or departmental certification is at the discretion of the relevant academic department(s).
- Students who were academically dismissed from RBS-UNB and took a leave of absence or withdrew during their transition semester are not eligible for reenrollment.
- Only previous Rutgers Business School-New Brunswick students may apply for re-enrollment for the spring semester.
- Students who were not previous RBS-UNB students are eligible for reenrollment to RBS-UNB for the fall semester only.
- All financial holds must be resolved before returning students are able to register.
- Application deadlines and procedures are as follows:
- Deadline for reenrollment in the fall semester is August 1st.
- Deadline for reenrollment in the spring semester is December 1st.
- Students are limited to one school choice and to one application submission at a time.
- Additional Information
- University Housing: Housing accommodations are assigned to re-enrolling students on a space-available basis and are not guaranteed. Students interested in on-campus housing opportunities should contact Housing and Residence Life to inquire about available space.
- Student Accounting Services/Financial Aid: Students should contact Student Accounting Services or the Office of Financial Aid with questions regarding their term bill or financial aid.
- Accommodation under ADA/Section 504: Students requiring accommodation should inform the campus coordinator of their re-enrollment.