Full-time students are expected to maintain continuous registration throughout their degree program. Students leaving campus at the end of a semester for non-Rutgers study abroad, for military services, or other reasons should notify the Rutgers Business School: Undergraduate New Brunswick (RBS-UNB) to submit a leave of absence or withdrawal form.
Leave of Absence
- Students in good academic standing who interrupt their registration and plan to return at a specific time may take a leave of absence.
- Students who have been academically dismissed may not take a leave of absence during their transition semester, or they will forfeit their transition semester.
- Students who leave campus before the end of the 12th week of the semester are eligible to return the following semester without submitting an application for reenrollment, providing they submit a formal withdrawal request to the RBS-UNB.
- Failure to attend class is not equivalent to a leave of absence, and students will not receive an adjustment of charges or grades unless a formal leave of absence is filed with the Office of Undergraduate Programs and approved prior to the 12th week of the semester.
- External courses are not permitted during a leave of absence: a leave of absence is not for the purpose of taking degree credits elsewhere. If there are extenuating circumstances, one external course could be considered, but prior pre-approval from the advising office is required. Without prior pre-approval, the external credits will not transfer.
- Any RBS student wishing to take a leave of absence must submit their Leave of Absence request with the Office of Undergraduate Registrar.
- Students cannot use WebReg to drop their last course or cancel their schedule. Students must submit a Leave of Absence request to cancel their registration and take a leave of absence from the Business School.
- Students may submit a Withdrawal request for a particular semester when a return date is not known or when there is not a plan to return to the Rutgers Business School: Undergraduate New Brunswick.
- Students who have been academically dismissed and withdraw during their transition semester will automatically forfeit their transition semester.
- Failure to attend class is not equivalent to a withdrawal, and students will not receive an adjustment of charges or grades unless a formal withdrawal is filed with and approved prior to the 12th week of the semester.
- Students cannot use WebReg to drop their last course or cancel their schedule. Student must submit a Withdrawal request to cancel their registration and/or withdrawal completely from the Business School.
Tuition Refund Information
- Any applicable tuition refund will be determined by the date the students Leave of Absence/Withdrawal form is submitted.
- Please visit the Office of Student Accounting webpage for the fall and spring refund schedule and for questions regarding tuition refunds.
- In order to reinstate their enrollment, previous RBS-UNB students in good academic standing must apply to RBS-UNB for reenrollment through the Undergraduate Admissions Reenrollment application.
- Any conditions established at the time of leaving must be met before application for readmission is made.
- (Re)declaration of major and/or departmental certification is at the discretion of the relevant academic department(s).
- Students who were academically dismissed from RBS-UNB and took a leave of absence or withdrew during their transition semester are not eligible for reenrollment.
- Only previous Rutgers Business School-New Brunswick students may apply for re-enrollment for the spring semester.
- Students who were not previous RBS-UNB students are eligible for reenrollment to RBS-UNB for the fall semester only.
- All financial holds must be resolved before returning students are able to register.
- Application deadlines and procedures are as follows:
- Deadline for reenrollment in the fall semester is August 1st.
- Deadline for reenrollment in the spring semester is December 1st.
- Students are limited to one school choice and to one application submission at a time.
- Additional Information
- University Housing: Housing accommodations are assigned to re-enrolling students on a space-available basis and are not guaranteed. Students interested in on-campus housing opportunities should contact Housing and Residence Life to inquire about available space.
- Student Accounting Services/Financial Aid: Students should contact Student Accounting Services or the Office of Financial Aid with questions regarding their term bill or financial aid.
- Accommodation under ADA/Section 504: Students requiring accommodation should inform the campus coordinator of their re-enrollment.