The TeamUP undergraduate mentoring program is designed to fit you and maximize the potential of your undergraduate education and future business career. You are a unique individual with unique circumstances, talents, and abilities. You can benefit from personal consultations with an experienced professional who has been in your shoes and can share their perspective and insights. Through TeamUP, you can get matched with your own mentor, drawn from our pool of motivated business professionals and leaders, many of whom are active Rutgers Alumni committed to helping you succeed.
Get a head start by participating in TeamUP! Make plans, clarify your doubts, and get where you’re going with knowledge and confidence.
What you can expect to discuss with your mentor
- Professional Planning and Development
- Including Career Goals, Internships, Networking, and more
- Ethics & Responsibility
- Including Values, Personal Goals, Ethics in the Profession, Community Involvement, and more
- Personal Development
- Including Presentation and Communication skills, Professional Dress, Time Management, and more
- Be in good standing at the University
- Be a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior Undergraduate Students (2nd semester freshmen who apply will be admitted the following semester)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (New Brunswick) or 2.85 (Newark)
- Duration of program: One Semester (5 Months)
- Approximate Time Commitment: 6 hours total
- Required activities/steps to complete include:
- Complete your TeamUP online profile
- Attend an on-campus orientation
- Schedule and attend 3 face to face meetings with your professional mentor
- Maintain online contact with your mentor
- Complete an online evaluation
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded to each student who completes the requirements of the TeamUP mentoring program.
Eligible students will receive an invitation to sign up by email the semester prior. Students can only sign up using the personalized invitation link sent to them during the recruitment period.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org