The first year of college can be difficult to navigate, and you may have questions about your academic journey and future business career. GearUP utilizes a small-group mentoring model to offer students industry insights and expose them to potential career pathways. GearUP boosts your first-year experience and helps you maximize the potential of your education and professional development. This group mentoring program lays the foundation for motivated first-year students to succeed in future one-on-one mentoring programs such as TeamUP.
Get a head start, network with business professionals, and gain invaluable knowledge and insights through GearUP!
GearUP offers a unique opportunity for first-year students to gain impactful mentoring early on in their college career.
- Mentoring Group Size: 10 – 15 students
- Duration of program: One Semester (4-5 months)
- Approximate Time Commitment: 6 hours total
- Program Requirements include:
- Attend GearUP orientation (1 hour)
- Attend 4 small-group mentoring sessions (1 hour each)
- Complete the pre- and post-program surveys
Students who complete the program receive a Certificate of Achievement.
- Be a First-Year Student at RBS
- Transfer students are not eligible
The GearUP program is offered every Fall and Spring semester. Program recruitment occurs the semester or summer prior to the start of the program. During this period, students will receive advertisements inviting them to apply. Eligible students can submit an application via the link included in advertisements. Students will be notified of their acceptance into the program and asked to confirm their spot.